The data controller is Clapham Terracy Primary School (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
We are committed to using best practice and being open and transparent with how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
This Policy applies to you if you use our website, if you contact us or we contact you or if you use our services.
Our Websites or online applications contain links to other websites operated by other organisations. These organisations may have their own privacy and cookie policies and we do not accept responsibility or liability for these websites or online applications.
When you use our Website you may provide us with:
• Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title
When you browse our Website, we may collect:
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our website
• Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in online or social media promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
• Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
• Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
To deliver our services to you
To manage any accounts you hold with us including your login details, account history or information you send to us through our contact forms (including enquiry forms, job opportunities, contact forms or registration forms)
To process enquiries, services, orders and refunds
We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your accounts, provide you with the services or goods you want to buy and help you with any enquiries, orders and refunds you may ask for.
To deliver and improve our website
• To deliver and improve our Website
• To develop and improve our services, website and the way we communicate with you
• To detect and prevent fraud and cyber crime
In order to provide as safe a service as possible we monitor how our website is used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services.
To provide you with relevant communications
We may send you relevant updates about us by email or direct mail but only if you have previously agreed to receive this type of communication from us.
To contact and interact with you
• To contact you about our Services, by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
• To manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our partners.
• To invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other types of feedback
We do not share your data with any organisations other than our partners or suppliers unless:
We take our responsibility for your personal information very seriously. Below are some of the measures we take to keep your data safe:
• We use safeguards such as data encryption when we transfer your data through our website and online applications using SSL (you see this as a padlock in your web browser and “https” in the website address).
• We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
• We require our suppliers to uphold data protection regulations and have appropriate systems and practices in place to safeguard your information.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
The length of time we keep your information will depend on what type of information you have provided and for what purpose. Once your information is no longer required (see below for specific details) we will either delete or anonymise your information (remove all personal identifiable information keeping only information needed for statistical purposes). If it is not possible to delete your data (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
Enquiries and form submissions through our website:
If you have made an enquiry, sent us your information or applied for a vacancy through our website or online application we will keep your information on our website server for up to 12 months after which it will be deleted.
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Cookies help us to provide important features and functionality on our Websites and online applications, and we use them to improve your experience.
If you choose to disable Cookies when using our website or online application you may find that the site does not work as well as it is designed to for example you may not be able to login or checkout.
To help our website work well for you
Cookies allow us to remember your preferences and whether you have visited our website, seen a notification or added an item to your shopping basket.
To improve how our Website works
Cookies can help us identify whether our site is working as it is supposed to or if you receive an error message whilst you are using the site.
These types of cookies collect anonymous aggregated data demonstrates how well our website is performing. E.g. we may collect data on how long visitors stay on our website and how many pages they visit whilst browsing.
Tracking the performance of our online activity
These Cookies may tell us how many times you have seen an advert or visited our website before getting in contact with us and can capture information such as your IP address, your search terms and what website you came from before you visited our website.
Most of the data collected is anonymised and aggregated as statistical information about how well our advertising and website is performing.
If you call us to discuss our services your call may be recorded for training purposes.
What can you do to control or manage what Cookies are used?
You can control the cookies on your device through your browser settings choosing to accept or reject new Cookies or delete existing Cookies. You can also manage whether or not you are notified when a website places Cookies on your device.
For more information about Cookies, how to manage them, reject them or delete them visit the All About Cookies website.
You have the right to contact us and request full details of the personal information we have about you. We encourage you to keep your account information with us accurate and up to date and manage your preferences through the options provided when you are using our services.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you please write to:
Clapham Terrace Community Primary School and Nursery
We will respond within 30 days.
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your data you can also contact our Data Protection Officer at the address above who will investigate your complaint.
If this does not resolve your issue you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).